GARETH BALE is desperate for Zinedine Zidane to allow him the chance to say goodbye at the Bernabeu this weekend.
Zidane has made it clear the former Tottenham star is not in his plans for the club next season and has left him out of the last two matchday squads.
But according to Marca, he is keen for Zidane to at least name in in the squad for the final match of the season on Sunday to say a personal goodbye to the fans.
Zidane’s side take on Real Betis this weekend with nothing but three points at stake, with Madrid finishing third in La Liga after a difficult season.
The manager has already started planning for next year and has made no secret that Bale is not part of his vision for the club.
And Zidane says he is still not sure whether he will allow the Wales star to get one last chance to play at the Bernabeu.
He said last week: “I make decisions and it’s clear what I’ve done this weekend.
“We will see about next week and next season.”
Though Bale has struggled to make an impact this season, his career in Spain has been littered with success.
In the six years since he made his £85million move to the Bernabeu he has helped the club to 14 trophies – including a hat-trick of Champions League titles.
Latest transfer news
But with injuries also hampering him, Zidane believes the time is right for him to leave as part of the major overhaul he is planning.
Chelsea star Eden Hazard is the main target for Real this summer, and looks certain to move to Madrid after telling his club he wants to leave.
Real are also interested in signing Paul Pogba, with the midfielder’s future at Manchester United far from certain.
This post written by Duncan Wright originally appeared on Football news - transfers, fixtures, scores, pictures | The Sun. Read the full post here.