Euro Paper Talk: Real offered Man Utd target as cut-price Pogba alternative

By | 16th August 2019

Real Madrid are ready to swoop for a €60m midfielder after being priced out of a deal for Paul Pogba, while Tottenham look set to offload another full-back – this time to AC Milan, according to Friday’s European papers.

 

REAL MADRID WEIGHING UP CHANCE TO BUY BRUNO FERNANDES

Bruno Fernandes could be set for a surprise move to Real Madrid in the closing weeks of the transfer window, according to reports in the Spanish media.

Manchester United flirted with a move for the Portuguese midfielder this summer, before reportedly deeming the Sporting Lisbon player not quite suited to their style of football.

However, the midfielder could yet land the major transfer he craves this summer with Diario Gol claiming Real Madrid are considering a swoop for Fernandes having been priced out of a move for Paul Pogba.

The France midfielder remains Real’s No 1 target, but United’s €200m valuation appears to have scared them off. But with Zinedine Zidane desperate to add more drive to his side from midfield, it’s claimed they could look to bring in Fernandes instead.

As per the report, Sporting have told Real they can land the midfielder for just €60m (£55m) – a reduction of the €10m from the fee they were hoping to receive for him from the Red Devils.

The 24-year-old scored 31 times last season and Real’s hierarchy will decide in the next few days whether to take up Sporting on the offer – or wait – most likely until next summer – to pursue a deal for Pogba.

 

Get the latest personalised Red Devils products on our new TEAMtalk Man Utd shop!

 

AND THE REST

AC Milan have lined up the signing of Tottenham right-back Serge Aurier, with Andrea Conti on the brink of a move to Werder Bremen (Calciomercato)

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic insists he never asked to leave Lazio this summer and insists claims of a move to Manchester United were nothing more than paper talk (Tuttosport)

Juventus midfielder Blaise Matuidi has turned down an offer from Ligue 1 side AS Monaco in order to stay with the Bianconeri for another season (L’Equipe)

Atletico Madrid are considering a €55m move for Napoli midfielder Allan in the coming days (Tuttosport)

Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Leonardo says Brazil forward Neymar “has made mistakes” but insists the 27-year-old will be in Paris “for three years” (RMC Sport)

Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund are chasing a deal to sign Roma forward Patrik Schick (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Suso looks set to stay at AC Milan this summer despite being just on the brink of signing for Sevilla earlier this week (Tuttosport)

AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie also looks set to stay with the club, with no other club following up on Wolves’ efforts to sign the powerful midfielder (Calciomercato)

Sevilla forward Nolito is on the brink of a return to former club Celta Vigo (Marca)

Napoli forward Arkadiusz Milik is no longer considered indispensable to the club, with rumours growing that the Polish forward could be sold to Roma as a replacement for Edin Dzeko this summer (Calciomercato)

France midfielder Paul Pogba is still desperate to leave Manchester United for Real Madrid this summer (Marca)

Sampdoria have not given up in their pursuit of former PSG forward Hatem Ben Arfa this summer (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici has confirmed that Manchester United made an approach for defender Merih Demiral before the English transfer deadline (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Juventus are intent on trying to capture Barcelona starlet Juan Miranda this summer – but the LaLiga giants are only interested in a loan deal (Calciomercato)

Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane is keen for Colombia forward James Rodriguez, 28, who is wanted by Napoli, to stay at the club and fight for his place (Cope Deportes)

Bayern Munich will roll the dice and wait until the final stages of the European transfer window before launching a last-ditch attempt to sign ex-Liverpool superstar Phillipe Coutinho (Bild)

Napoli have agreed a deal to sign 23-year-old Mexico winger Hirving Lozano from Dutch side PSV Eindhoven (Voetbal International)

Man Utd had a bid of €90million for Kalidou Koulibaly rejected by Napoli in the final week of the English transfer window (Corriere dello Sport)

Celta Vigo have confirmed the return of midfielder Pape Cheikh Diop from Ligue 1 side Lyon (various)

 

The post Euro Paper Talk: Real offered Man Utd target as cut-price Pogba alternative appeared first on teamtalk.com.

This post written by James Marshment originally appeared on Tottenham Hotspur – teamtalk.com. Read the full post here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *